Saturday, August 15, 2009

Senior Discount!

We did one of Clark's favorite things! Miniature golfing. When you are 65 you qualify for "senior discount".

The young man at the mini golf course charged us full price, come on now! I didn't think we had to "ask" for the discount! So we told him we were seniors and he looked at us like he didn't believe us! Even after we told him how old we were he said, "you don't look it"! I LOVE him! Do you think he practices that act?


This story gets better.... we always keep score and I always have the lowest score no matter who we play! Since there were only three of us, I said, " skip it! Glenn comes in first, Clark second and me last, let's just enjoy the game."
After 5 holes in a row with only 2 putts, we decided to keep a running score as we went. Glenn and I were nip and tuck the whole game. Just one higher or one lower and often tied. We went into the last hole, "the ant hill", tied at 40 all. Glenn went first and made it in 4, after I was at 3 and not close enough to the ant hill, I took 5, so I lost by only ONE!

We played around a little bit more and for the first time ever, I sank a putt there, not only once, but twice! Yea! The weather was just perfect ta boot!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Nice Work!! I'm very impressed. Maybe in your retirement you could build a new mini golf course.. ML could sure use one! And wouldn't that be a fun job for Clark?? :)

If I were there I would have killed you all :) (at the golfing that is)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Go Kathy go! What a fun family activity for the three of you. Did the loser have to buy milkshakes? That's why I can't ever afford to lose.

Danielle said...

I can't believe for one second that Dad would let you play without keeping score. Sounds like you had a great time! Maybe that is the secret though...start by pretending that you don't care!