
Today is our Kirk's birthday. What a great son in law he is! He married our daughter in the Salt Lake Temple on January 21, 2005. He is the same age as Seth, Birgitta, and Kristi in our family. We just say they are all "Seth's age" (sorry about that).
Kirk is a person that makes all of our family gatherings fun. He loves all the little kids and comes up with fun and interesting nick names for each of them. He has a hard time calling anything by it's right name. For instance, he calls our town "Mo Lake".
When we talk of moving to Utah, he always protests because he wants to be able to come to "Mo Lake" on vacation. (Well maybe he wants his in-laws two states away.)
Kirk is a very talented graphic artist! When we have a family reunion, he works hard with our daughter Heather to design T-shirts. The t-shirts are awesome and when ever I wear one, I always get a lot of compliments on them.
Three years ago he was here for Christmas and he collected pictures from everyone's cameras and made an amazing DVD of the holiday. When I watch it, I think, "This could be anybody's family". He not only does good with the design and video part, but somehow is able to find just the right music for the background. What a great talent that is to our family.
When Kimberly and Curtis got married in 2007, we asked him to take the pictures at the temple and during the reception. Between the time we came home from the temple and the reception that night, he had put together a great DVD. What would we do without him in our family?
Kirk comes from an awesome family. His father passed away right after he came home from his mission, and that has been a great loss to him. As a family, they have some wonderful traditions to honor his father and other great things they do as a family. His mother has done a great job of heading up her family.
Kirk is just a softie! He loves babies and children. He would nothing more than to be a father of his own children. We are praying that he will have that blessing soon.
One thing that I love about him is that he is always respectful of Glenn and I. He has a great sense of humor, but never crosses the line into any kind of disrespect.
I know that he makes sacrifices to be with us and serve us. It does not go unnoticed.So when the whole family was here for Kimberly and Curtis' wedding someone had to sleep on an air mattress and even though they hate the air mattress, they chose to be the ones to sacrifice. They also chose to sleep outside, which proved to be very wise. When I took this picture of them, everyone else had been up for a couple of hours.
There is no end to his talent. When Heather met him, he and his brother were remodeling a run down house in Provo,Utah. They called it the "Crack House", because druggies had lived there. Heather helped a lot, and everyone learned quite a few things about housing. They sold it and moved on to building a beautiful house on the hill there in Provo. The three of them have worked hard to finish it and decorate it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRK YOU ARE A GREAT SON-IN-LAW.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
5 comments:
Oh very nice Mom!! That is a nice tribute to Kirk. Thank you. He really is super. I'm so glad I married him. I'm a lucky lucky girl!
I'm not sure I forgive you for the picture of us sleeping outside though. bad call!!! :)
(This is Kirk, not Heather)
Wow, Kathy, I'm blushing! Thanks for the saying the nice things about me : )
Happy Birthday Kirk! We really like you too! You are a fungi! Nice post Kathy.
Hope you had a marvelous birthday. You are truly a great addition to fam!
Happy Birpday, Kirkley!! We sure do think you are great!
Post a Comment