Several years ago, we had a woodpecker that kept pecking on our house. He was making a fairly big hole! One day I went out and tried to throw a rock to scare him, but I missed miserably. So I stood there and told him that it was my house and I didn't want him to make a hole in it, if he didn't stop pecking, leave my house alone, I would get a friend (Shaun Jenks)to come over with his gun and shot him. The whole time I was talking to him he was looking at me. When I finished, he looked at me for a few more seconds, then he flew away and never came back! This has become one of our family legends!
Sometime later, I was visiting my mother. I stepped out on the back porch and saw a big cat faced spider spinning a fly in her web. I watched and watched, with my face fairly close to the action. It was fascinating. Shortly my mom came out the back door, the spider ran for cover the minute she opened the door.
I told mom that I had been watching this most entertaining spider wrap a fly in her web. Mom's response was, "Oh that darn spider, I have been trying to kill it, but it hides and I can't get to it!"
Proof positive that animals understand more than we know what is going on. We all know that our pets and domestic animals understand a lot of what we are saying. I just read an Ensign article about a women who had been a shepherd for a long time and how she and her friend would help each other, but their sheep were uncomfortable with the one who wasn't their owner. I noticed that on the farm with my dad's milk cows. Their milk would always go down when any one but dad milked them. Wouldn't it be great to have the whole picture?
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
2 comments:
That was such a funny thing, that woodpecker and you threating him with Sean's hunting skills. we'd never seen anything like it!
You should check out Lanita's blog and find the post about their squirrel, it's histerical. Maybe you could offer your animal whispering skills to her!
I had no idea you had a dr. doolittle heart. None.
Post a Comment