10th Ward Relief Society has a "granny enrichment group". Our objective is "bonding". Our ward has grown so much and has divided so many times, that we decided this would be a good chance for the sisters who's children have children to meet and get to know each other better. We do a variety of things, the most important thing is to get together and visit. Last night was a good example of what we do. We also had one none member and one less active person there. Christine Quinn taught us how to glue Japanese paper on eggs. The photo above is my finished results.
This photo is my great eggspectation. I thought we were to bring plastic eggs and a brush. Christine and Sandy Hansen had blown out real eggs. Christine gave a demonstration on how they blew the eggs out with a unique little tool. Oh where was my camera when I needed it? I brought this big basket to fill with my paper covered plastic eggs that I would painted with this fat brush. Instead I needed a very little brush and used the real blown out eggs. It was a much harder job than most of us thought it was going to be. We had to cut the paper the height of the egg, then fold, measure, and cut 1/4 in strips, then we had to cut peaks on the strips. We glued the solid part of the paper to the middle of the egg and had to glue each strip to the ends of the egg, one strip at a time. It took dexterity and patience.
My first egg was a pale pink and it turned out so bad that I decided to make another egg for practice. I chose a medium color for number two and wished that I had done a dark one, so I made a third egg. Then I thought I needed a red egg so I made one more and that made four. Knowing that I needed a odd number I advanced to number five. Just then Clark came to visit and Christine gave him an egg. I knew that egg would end up with my eggs so I had to make one more egg so that I would have an odd number. I really hurried through the sixth egg because it was getting late. I kept getting better and faster at it, until I can say that it was really fun and I love my eggs. I put all seven eggs in a bowl that Shane Kincaid made for us last Christmas. The idea for that came from Christine!
I have seven eggs for seven children, a perfect number. I love good peers who have a positive influence on me. My great eggspectations turned out much better than I expected!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
4 comments:
Agh!! I forgot about Granny Group last night! After work I spent a couple of hours hitting the case sale at Leprekon and the cereal/milk sale at Safeway! (I'm having grandkids/family here for two weeks!) The eggs are beautiful and I know I missed out on some fun! Thanks for remindining me that I need a reminder! Sometimers is awful!
Those eggs are beautiful Kathy! Yeah for you! You and your odd numbers makes me laugh!
Hey, seven is PERFECT. Good for you Kathy...you carried the scriptures right into your eggs...and having kids.
They are beautiful.
Those are soooo beautiful, Mom! Way to go! I am quite impressed. It doesn't matter how you got there, I guess...but you sure ended up with some beautiful eggs!!
Post a Comment