This is the time of year when we can, if we can, when we can. I love this time of year, the air, the changing colors, and the abundance of the harvest. We have canned 40 bottles of tomatoes from our garden. Yesterday we picked tomatoes from our friends yard and Friday Glenn pick grapes from a co-workers yard. He keeps saying "free food" and I keep saying "it isn't free". Why do we both keep saying the same thing? Is it to convince our selves, or each other. Any way we keep saying it.
Glenn is so cute, he likes to help by keeping things in order. He empties the dishwasher, brings up bottles, loads bottles, unloads bottles, labels bottles, and takes bottles down to the shelves. Then we sit and look at the bottles. He said that he makes me look good by "keeping the line in the water". I like to think of it as the "wind beneath my sails".
That is true in every area of my life!!! He has abundant enery, drive and will power! I don't know where I would be without him. One of his drives is food storage. I am so happy that he is so enthusiastic about it. He feels an urgancy more this year than usual. He would say, "How is your food storage coming?"
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
9 comments:
Great job Kathy a n d Glen. Kathy what can we trade?!
I love this post. Your opening line is such a good one. I'm so glad you joined the blogging world. It's fun to be inspired by you.
I went shopping today at Maceys. I bought half cases of cream of soups, pineapple, all sorts of tomatoes, corn, beans, tuna and chicken broth for about 100 bucks. I'm quite proud of it! Thanks for the motivation!
Your finished product is beautiful. I know what you mean when you stand back and admire what you've accomplished! All I've done this year is jam and that's because the fruit was free. I need to find more freebies! I've got the blog bug! I see you're doing a great job at it! Keep going!
I wish in all my parents wisdom of food storage they would have taught me how and how to can. I have had it on my mind constantly this year and I don't even know where to start!! But like Jason said as long as I have enough to get to my parents house we will survive.I love reminders like yours about how important food storage is.
Having just canned for two days solid. I can understand the wind needed... it is sure nice to have synergy. Dad is quite the food storage enthusiast. He's quite helpful!
mmmmmm...grapejuice... sign me up for another case!! Why can when I have YOU! :)
I have been feeling the bug too.. I wish Kirk was as enthusiastic as dad was about it.. he just sees the bank account balance going down.
I have a plan! Samantha can pick us up on their way to WA!
p.s.. I laughed so hard when I read yours and dad's conversation.. I could hear it!
Beautiful! Doesn't it make you feel good?
Post a Comment