Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Day, New Week, New Month

I have decided to create this blog to encourage me to follow through on my many goals. I plan to get a lot more creative than this beginning post, so if you are reading this post, hang in there I will improve. I am interested in so many things; I hope to share, not only my progress, but share some great ideas to be a light to other people who have some of my struggles.
The biggest thing right now is to lose weight. I have lost 30 pounds since the first of the year (2008). I have 34 more to go. So by going publik I am establishing more accountability.

To reach my goal by Christmas I will:

  • Eat 1200 t0 1400 kalories/day
  • Weigh, measure and record every bite I take.
  • No sugar/white flour desserts.
  • Attend TOPS (take of pounds sensibly) every Tuesday I am in town.
  • Keep a positive attitude!
  • Work out at least 55 minutes 5 days/week (I belong to a gym).
  • Rely on the Lord for stregnth.
  • Post daily success in these areas.

Other goals are: Family Connections, Family History, Organize photos, flower beds, closets, decorating.....

Today I got up at 6:00 and headed for the gym, I did the elliptical for a 1 mile/15 min warm up, did strength training for 30 min and topped it off by cycling for 10 min. I rushed home to shower and dress for TOPS. I have gained and lost the same pounds for 3 months, so this blog is really going to help. My goal is to reach my ideal weight by Dec 1. and to continue to lose weight during the month of December to give me a little cushion. I won't bore you with what I ate today, but it was 1355, so asked "what could I eat that is 45 cals?" I decided to eat 45 cals of carrots! Voila! Eating day complete.

So wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Way to go! I'm looking forward to reading it!

C. Quinn said...

Kathy,

You may want to look into high intensity interval training; it's the lastest research in weight loss excercise.

C. Quinn

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU LOOK MARVELOUS NOW!!! I THINK YOU LOOK 10 YEARS YOUNGER!!!

LOVE YA, SHARON

Carolyn said...

I can't believe you are "going public" with weight loss! You look great! Well, just before I read your blog, I consumed a large piece of carrot cake. I have also had the "lose weight by Christmas" goal, so I'll join you! Can't "weight" to read more!

Carolyn