I have crocheted blessing blankets for some of our grandchildren. Our youngest daughter's baby was blessed this past Sunday. About 3 weeks ago I started a blanket for her, rented some chick flicks and crocheted and crocheted, and was finished in a week! A record for me, then I realized that I had used the wrong yarn - super soft instead of baby soft. So....I had to start over. That is when our daughter started her crib set project so I didn't have any time during the day to work on it. I snatched as many evening hours as I could, plus a trip to the temple. These blankets are so difficult for me - I won't go into all the details - but I had to rip out about 5 inches of this one because I had turned at one of the row ends a pattern too soon, which threw the whole thing off! That is a common mistake I make. So this project came down to the wire. I worked on it all the way to Seattle, in the dim light of the cultural hall in Kent while we waited for the BYU players fireside, and all the way home. I finished it at 11:30 P.M. It wasn't for lack of trying! But I am glad it was finished! We put a beautiful bow on it and took it to Sacrament meeting at ten minutes before starting time. I felt like I was in college and turning in a term paper just in time!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
4 comments:
What a treasure, though. I love having a blanket from Gma in all of our blessing pictures. It represents such sweat and tears, albeit, more sweat than tears it sounds like!!
I LOVE to crochet! We really do need to be good friends! By the looks of the blanket, it's beautiful and what a treasure for each grandchild! You're wonderful!
Good job Kathy! I am so proud of you. I know it turned out beautiful. And yes, you have been a busy girl.
Your blankets are absolutely gorgeous, true heirlooms. Great job in getting it done.
Post a Comment