Wednesday, July 22, 2020

INSIGHTS FROM PRESIDENT NELSON'S OPENING ADDRESS IN APRIL 2020

I have recently watched and re-watched a Youtube video about Daniel and Revelation about the second coming by  Jodi Stoddard (sp). Since watching that I have been praying an pondering about what I need to to.  I have had the impression that I want to share the messages and thoughts that I have which I feel are important.  I really don't have a venue for that.  I have also had the impression to only post uplifting and edifying things on Face Book.

Another thing that I feel that I should do is study the last conference talks.  I feel that our leaders have been trying to prepare us for the Second Coming, but as President Ezra Taft Benson said a long time ago, "there will be no general warning". I take that as we really have to be looking for it to catch it. Today I studied President Nelson's first talk and found quite a few things.

He said, "Our ultimate quest in life is to prepare to meet our Maker. We do this by striving daily to become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ.2 And we do that as we repent daily and receive His cleansing, healing, and strengthening power. Then we can feel enduring peace and joy, even during turbulent times. This is exactly why the Lord has implored us to stand in holy places and “be not moved.”3

D&C 87:8 Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen.

Earlier this morning I was watching a video that referred to Section 87, I take this as a second witness that I need to pay attention. This scripture sounds to me like the prophet is telling us to pay attention. to stand in holy places (which for now is our homes) and he is coming quickly. Also that if we are prepared we shall not fear.

He encouraged us to "hear Him". They had prayed for the spirit to be there in rich abundance and that the messages would bring us peace, healing and that  illuminate our minds and help us know what to do to move forward.













0 comments: