Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 14 From Vera Cruz to Mexico City and Teotacan

Waiting to get our luggage
and board the bus in Mexico City.

These little maps are fun, my 
son Jeremy was following me
on "find my friend"  I love it!
 I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the stairs that I climbed.  Here I am looking across at these from the top of the ones I climbed.  We had flown in from Vera Cruz and we got on the bus to go to Teotacan and we all slept!  I thought I would be too tired to do anything, but I was energized and really enjoyed the climb.
I am still at the top of my "temple" looking 
around and down.
 These two wonderful people let me hold
onto each of them as I climbed up the stairs.
You have to love people who are that sweet.
Thank you Chad and Stephanie Walters.  I had 
to sit on my bottom to get down, it was worth it!
I am sure some one has pictures of the whole thing, 
but I haven't seen them.  We keep asking to share, 
but I am sure everyone is busy.  Plus some
of those people took thousands!
 More temples ahead and shops all along
the sides, it gets exhausting to get past them.
I did buy a fabulous red bracelet and ear rings here.
 There are all kinds of levels to these ruins!
Here I was on ground level and these people 
were lower (like a basement).
 We went to a Catholic "Square" with many
buildings.  This one was slanted forward many
feet, it had huge cracks in the walls from
earthquakes, it was scary!
 Another building in the square.  The whole square 
was rough tile, no grass anywhere.  They say some
penitents walk across them on their knees.  Ouch.
This square really makes me appreciate my own
church's churches and temples. 
 Another building in the square.

0 comments: