Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 16th Through May 18th

Thursday Glenn was able to go golfing with a friend from out of town.  They played 18 holes and he had a great time.  However the cancer in his hip bones and muscles hurt with every hip rotation of the golf swing, ugh!  So, although it was fun it was discouraging because of the pain.  Thank goodness for Aleve, or it would have been worse!

While he was golfing I tended a little 2-year-old baby girl for a young friend in our ward.  That little baby is so darling!  She was so obedient and chatty, I fell in love with her!

We also worked on the pool and the yard.  We hired a young man in our ward to come and dig out the rest of the plants from the flower beds by the pool.  We were both exhausted at the end of the day!

Friday Glenn mowed the lawn in the AM...that was not a good thing to do the day after 18 holes of golf!  He really did push too hard!  I tended baby girl again and scoped out what we needed to do for the drip in the back yard. Then went shopping in the Tri-Cities for Clark; Glenn mostly sat in the car and listened to Fox News.

Saturday Glenn felt great and I felt great!  We worked all morning on our drip system and completed a huge section along the back fence.  We have two more drip sections to do, one will be fairly easy in the backyard, although I still have some transplanting to do.  The other place we need to put drip is in the large flower bed in front by our driveway.

This is the flowerbed by the driveway and it is the only one we are not drastically simplifying...it is fairly showy right now.   I am trying to make sure that one of every plant I like from the backyard is out there,  I have about four more plants to transplant.  This is what it looks like today, but it is constantly changing.


I still have to have a couple of pots.


I kept this Penstemon, just across the driveway, right by the street.  
I am not getting rid of ALL my perennials!


So the saga of fighting cancer and simplifying our yard continues.

DID I MENTION THAT ALL OF OUR FAMILY WILL BE HERE THIS WEEKEND??!!



2 comments:

Birgitta said...

I love that you have one bed with all your favorite perennials. Your gardens were always my inspirations! :) You helped me LOVE plants! We can't wait to see you on Friday.

hennchix said...

You are getting rid of perenials? If you have some that need a home, give me a jingle!!

So glad the pres. is feeling good!