Friday, August 3, 2012

The Domino Affect


It has been my privilege to help Kimberly with her new baby.  Since I live close, I can go and come as she needs me.  Besides helping during the day, I have spent the last two nights on their living room sofa, just in case little Dillon wanted to stay awake.  I went after they were in bed both evenings.

I learned several things:
  1. The full moon makes a great backyard light.
  2. While trying to find the off switch on lamps, wedding bands make a lot of noise.
  3. Some houses have regular light switches to turn off the lamps.
  4. Some pencils look like pens and it may take a lot of "trial an error" to find a real pen, not a pencil, in semi darkness.
  5. Searching for a pen makes a lot of noise.
  6. If a person with a pizza in his hand knocks on the door after midnight, even though you didn't order pizza...answer it!
  7. If I watch a person with pizza, in the middle of the night, try for an hour to figure out where to deliver it, it will make me crazy! (LITERALLY)
  8. When the same person with pizza in his hand knocks on the door again, I won't want to answer it by myself. 
  9. Curtis does not awaken easily at 1:00 in the morning...
  10. When I finally answer the door, with sleepy, staggering Curtis as my body guard, it will not be my finest hour!
  11. Curtis and Kimberly have a great sense of humor even in the middle of the night!

I find it interesting that the online dictionary word for the day applies to all the principle characters in the "Domino Affect".


foible

 
  FOI-buhl  , noun;

1.
A minor weakness or failing of character; slight flaw 
or defect: an all-too-human foible.










2 comments:

Kristi said...

Haha Sounds likes lots of excitement! I would love to see video of it all. :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO CURTIS, KIM AND BAILEY ON THE BIRTH OF LITTLE DILLON! SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL! V&L