MOM ON HER 96TH BIRTHDAY
I am at home (My Lost River home where I grew up). My mom turned 96 on February 3rd. Her health has been declining for the past couple of weeks. Glenn brought me down here on Wednesday, he and Clark went back to Moses Lake on Friday.
I am staying here with her and my two sisters, Sylvia and Cynthia. Mom is so sweet, it is a special time to be with her. She has such a sweet smile...it mostly shines through her eyes. She is such a good example of enduring to the end, and she has expressed, "I hope I can endure to the end". When I tell her she is doing a good job and that she is enduring to the end, she always says thank you. She literally says "thank you" for every single act of service, no matter how small.
I told her that she is my hero. When her mother was ill for the last 6 months of her life, my mother and her sister took turns taking care of her. When grandmother was in our home at that time, there was such a sweet feeling of peace and harmony. That same spirit is filling our home.
Mom doesn't want to talk for long, mostly we just say that we love each other. She asks questions and she knows she won't be getting better. So we have had conversations about that. One thing that she said that was so sweet is that she has been happy here. She has had a good life, I think that is mostly due to her wonderful positive attitude!
It has been a time of reflection for me.
7 comments:
A special time with you mom. She sounds like a wonderful lady! Soak up every minute you can share with her. With love to you, Loye
hi kathy call me for she pass way form me
How very wonderful you can have this time with your mother. You will treasure these moments of conversations and hugs for the rest of your life. Treasure these times and they will bring you great comfort later. Mothers are one of the greatest of gifts God has given children and vice versa. Love to you.
Oh Kathy. I'm thinking of you.
I love Clark's comment.
So glad you could be together at this time.
I am thinking of you! I know you will treasure these moments with your Mom and siblings! I know they are bitter sweet, but knowing you, you will find the sweet outlasting the not so sweet.
Daer Kathy, What a blessing you can spend time with your amazing mother. Her positiveness has passed on to you, dear friend. What a JOY that she has lived a long life and is enduring to the end. We have missed you, but this time is so necessary for you to share with her and your sisters. Love, Tamara
Post a Comment