I have had several friends ask how Glenn is doing. He is taking Chemo by pill, so his life isn't too disrupted. He enjoys his church calling very much, he says that it invigorates him. He takes chemo two weeks on and one week off. His is in his third two week period, just finished one week and has one more week to take the pills, then he can rest one week. Then he will start his last two week session. His side effects are minimal, a little nausea once in a while. The worst he has to go through is tender or sore hands and feet. They were getting bad at the end of the last session, but I think that was because he was golfing 2 to 3 times a week and walking 18 holes. I finally convinced him to use a cart and wear golf gloves on both hands. Since his golfing buddy moved last week, it has been 8 days since he has played golf, but he has worked very hard with me in the yard. He has way more energy and I have!
Today he was sitting on the stand in our ward and he said that everyone looked so dower. He wanted to get up and say, "it's a beautiful day to be alive! I love every sun rise and sun set that I get to see!" He is a good example to me.
He is enjoying the progress of the yard and asks me to take pictures everyday. I may just do that and post a few.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
5 comments:
Thank you for sharing with all of us Kathy the updates on Glenn. I hope you know that you both mean the world to all in our Stake. I have known you for years when our children were babies and you still have that radiance of spirit and faith in your face. What an example you are. Please give that wonderful husband of yours a hug from Ned and I and of course, a big huge one from me to you!! Always your friend...Deanna
Thank you for the update Kathy. I agree with Deanna, the both of you radiate with optimism and hope and I admire and appreciate it.
Do. Do. Do take pictures.
So glad Glenn is doing so well! Fun to see you at the reception and feel your warmth and friendship! V&L
Thanks for the update!! I do get updates from Mom, but I am so glad to hear he is feeling so well and has been able to keep his energy up!!
Thanks for the update - you BOTH looked great several weeks ago. So wonderful to see you. Thanks for your example and the love I feel from you. You are amazing people!
Post a Comment