Thursday, May 12, 2011

Glenn is Awesome

Glenn started taking Chemo in pill form on April 11.  He will take it for three months, two weeks on and one week off.  At the end of the week off he has a blood test to see how he is doing.  He had his first blood test on Friday May 6th.  He told his doctor that he feels so good that he thought that the cancer marker in the blood would be down.  Dr. Smith told him that it usually doesn't go down in the first round of Chemo, so if his went down they would all celebrate!!!  He got he test results back on Tuesday and his marker went down from 9.6 to 9!!! That isn't a huge drop, but it is DOWN.

Glenn feels great!  He has been able to golf twice a week and he walks at least 9 of the 18 holes, some time he walks them all.  He is driving the ball farther than he has ever done before.  Tuesday he parred at least 7 holes.  (He can edit this with all his stats, they are very impressive, but I am not so impressed that I can remember them).

The thing that I appreciate about him the most is that he has such a good attitude.  He is cheerful, busy, positive, hopeful and happy.  We are loving his retirement, and I am so glad that he finally has time to play golf and that we can go the temple often.

Anyway so many of you have asked about him and are praying for him, we really appreciated it and we can feel your support.  We know that there are many people who are suffering at this time and our hearts and prayers go out to you, also.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can't believe how well he's doing. He's been golfing a zillion times. He doesn't seem like he's skipping a beat. I'm so glad his numbers went down (even if it's a little) Down is Down!!

Danielle said...

Whoot whoot whooty! This new developement makes all of us SMILE!
All of our love to both of you!

Anonymous said...

We love reading all the good news: Numbers going down that we want to go down; parring on so many holes; hitting the ball further; positive attitudes; loving retirement. Both of you are amazing and we are praying hard. Thanks Kathy for your help with the funeral yesterday and thanks to President for his positive words to the Moore family. I know that his carefully chosen words really meant a lot to them. Love, Tamara