I have recently connected with my high school friends on Face Book. We are having a great time, it is like the "fountain of youth". We were raised in a wonderful place, in a wonderful time. We are sharing so many memories about teachers, places, events, food, or what ever. We have had some serious conversations as well as some funny ones. This is a post that one of our favorite teachers posted on our group. I don't know this teacher who he is talking about, Minnie Brown, but picture this
"Kathy Jensen's comment about the "pledge of allegiance" reminds me of something Minnie Brown told me years ago. Right in the middle of WWII, Minnie was telling her class that rather than putting our hand over our heart we used to put our right arm outstretched-- pointing to the flag as we said the pledge, but that changed when the war started because it was------ and at that point she kicked up leg and said it was too much like "Heil Hitler"--- and as she did that the Superintendent walked into the room. She said she was a bit embarrassed--- but I really doubted that the Supt questioned Minnie's loyalty. You folks are all too young to remember those days. If you remember Minnie's laugh, it was really fun to hear her tell the story. She may have told the story to those of you who were in her room. Minnie had many fun stories----- and could she ever laugh ---- it would shake the building!!!!"
Did you know that they used to solute the flag like that? No one ever told me that. Well that I can remember, that is,
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
2 comments:
Dear Kathy,
Why is it so difficult for your visiting teachers to schedule a visit 2 months in a row? I do not know. February is too short of a month for me I guess. I really enjoyed our overly long visit last month. It was fun have Kimberly there as well. I hope you are well. Did I see you post somewhere that Glenn and the boys are in Vegas? I am assuming for basketball? If so, I'm sure he is in heaven. BYU looks good this year. Clark is so funny. Today he told Trent that he would not be able to go give blood on the day he signed up so just have Shawn Turner bring him his shirt.
Well, forgive this lame attempt at visiting teaching and I will repent and attempt to do better in March. Call if you need anything!
Hi There, My Dear Friend
It is great to keep up with each other on the blogs but I personal like person to person conversations. Miss you guys a lot. Hope all is well
Love from Palau
Post a Comment