Monday, December 14, 2009

Messiah Perfomance 2009

This year Kimberly, Glenn, Clark and I all performed in the Messiah. It was a amazing experience. 26 years ago, Kimberly was in my womb and I couldn't get over how awesome it was to be singing with her standing next to me. She has a beautiful voice, I was close to tears so many times. Today, we compared notes (ha, ha) and she said she felt the same way. The spirit of that music is very powerful. Singing in the Messiah is my gift to myself and my gift to my Savior, I am so thankful for this opportunity.

It was special to have Glenn singing as he is going through cancer. It was special to have Clark singing. He doesn't use the book, but he sings his part and comes in right on cue. Two of my very dear friends said that they couldn't keep their eyes off him as he was singing. He was standing behind me, but I wish I could have seen him also. Kudos to the men in the base section who were so wonderful and supportive of him. Thank you Pat Patterson for doing this performance and allowing our family to be a part of it!

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

"Singing in the Messiah is my gift to myself and my gift to my Savior". What a good thing, Kathy.

You and Kimberly comparing notes made me chuckle.

Since hearing and seeing Clark perform in the Messiah, The Messiah has been taken to a whole new level for me. Truly, I will never forget the experience and the music is even more beautiful to me because of Clark.

Unknown said...

We are all blessed because you gave of your time and talents this year. Even in the midst of so many ups and downs and trying to get all the ducks in a row you gave. That sums up your life--giving even when it is hard. THANKS for sharing with all of us. Hearing you perform made our Christmas. Our prayers are with you the rest of the week too! Remember there are so many of us praying for you and we would do ANYTHING!

Birgitta said...

What a lovely picture of the four of you! I would have loved to see the performance. Did anyone record it?

Danielle said...

Ooooooh. That seriously warmed the coccles of my heart and brough a tear to my eye. Sorry, so cliche. But that is some seriously fabulous stuff. What a picture of such a neat performance. What I wouldn't give to have been there with you guys!!