Friday, August 14, 2009

40 Year Mother and Homemaker!

40 years ago this month I graduated from BYU with a degree in Housing and Home Management with an emphasis on Housing. That means a degree in Interior Design.



Last night I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning typing a resume'. I am applying to get an online Masters Degree in Organizational Leadership. It is very interesting since I have been a homemaker for 40 years to reflect on what experiences would be valuable in on organization out side my home. I used my degree as we remodeled our home, to repaint and redecorate many times though the years, and to help friends with their decorating questions. Hmmmm.

The best information I came up with was theexperiences I had in my church callings, which have been many in the past 40 years. But it is interesting to know that.......

My greatest accomplishment is the family that my husband and I have raised together!!!

We are the parents of 7 children who have turned out to be good citizens, good spouses who married great people, good parents, good church members and they still love us!

  • Jeremy is 40 years old, the father of 4 children, is married to Birgitta, He served a mission for our church to Brisbane Australia, graduated with a B.S in Family Science from BYU and received his Masters in Business Administration from University of Phoenix. He is now working in the business department of NuSkin, in Provo Utah where they live.
  • Danielle is 39 years old, the mother of 1 child and is married to Jeffery Peterson. She served a mission for our church in Tuscan, Arizona Spanish Speaking. She received her AS from Ricks College and her BA from Utah State University in Elementary Music. She has taught Music in Elementary School. She is a homemaker and they in Logan, Utah.
  • Erik is 36 years old, the father of 3 (almost 4) children, is married to Kristi. He served a mission for our church in Scotland, earned an AS Ricks College, and a BS, MS, and Doctorate from BYU in Electrical Engineering. He is a professor of EE at the University of Kansas, they live in Lawrence, Kansas.
  • Seth is 33 years old, the father of 3 children, is married to Jill. He served a mission for our church to Monterrey Mexico, graduated from Ricks with an AS and BYU with a BS in Animal Science and a Masters of Public Administration. He is currently the Assistant City Manager of Spanish Fork, Utah, where they live.
  • Heather is 30 years old, is hoping to adopt children and is married to Kirk Larson. She served a mission to Salt Lake City Temple Square, has an AS from Ricks College in Office Administration and as BS from BYU in Recreation Management. She is working at the Hospital Foundation in Provo, Utah where they live.
  • Kimberly is 26 years old, the mother of 1 child and is married to Curtis Bates. She has a degree in Math and Health Education from BYU-Idaho and has taught High School Math. She is a homemaker and they live in Moses Lake, Washington.
  • Clark is 22 and has Downs Syndrome. Our family has learned more from him than all the other experiences we have had put together. He has learned to swim, ride bicycle, and work hard. He has graduated from High School where he had on the job training. He was also involved in swim team, in a musical play every year, and managing girls varsity volley ball and freshman baseball. He is working 10 hours a week, is a pretty independent young man, he lives at home with us in Moses Lake.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Wowie! That's amazing! Congratulations on a successful homemaking career for the last 40 years and counting!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a post! Amazing and inspiring. I think you already have your master's.

Thanks for sharing your greatest joys and accomplishments . . . what a deal.

Sarah Rowley said...

What an impressive resume! I wonder if you will actually learn anything new while getting your masters. Should pretty much be review.

Heather said...

I agree with all above. You are an incredible person mother.. really. You are so smart and have accomplished so much in your life. I am happy for you that you have found something you want to go for (a Master's) but as stated above.. you already have it. Heck I think we could go straight to calling you DOCTOR.. although Erik might protest :)

anyway love you and thanks for the nice tribute. thanks for raising me and loving me, supporting, encouraging and believing in me.

Love you with all my heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I make money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my web site to get additional info.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day!

We are not acquainted yet? It’s easy to fix,
my parents call me James F. Collins.
Generally I’m a venturesome analyst. for a long time I’m keen on online-casino and poker.
Not long time ago I started my own blog, where I describe my virtual adventures.
Probably, it will be interesting for you to find out about my progress.
Please visit my diary. http://allbestcasino.com I’ll be interested on your opinion..